Microsoft recently release hotfix to solve issue related to “Operating System Deployment” feature on System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, and this update will solve the following issues:
- Windows Deployment Service (WDS) stops after enabling PXE Service Point role or when you select Deploy this boot image from the PXE-enabled distribution point.
- The download time take long time when Operating System image and packages downloaded to Configuration Manager 2012 R2 Client.
You need to install hotfix KB2905002 on Central Administration Site, Primary Site, Administrator Console and Clients. And note the following:
- When you install hotfix on site server, it will create package for client upgrade.
- Update all boot images after hotfix applied.
- Re-create all stand-alone media that used for stand-alone deployment.